AP student:ugh i have so much homework i'm in AP and it's such a hard class why did i take AP i hate all these hard tests and my AP teacher is so strict like more strict than your teacher. no my class is so much harder than yours you don't even know what AP is like
“A poem begins with a lump in the throat; a homesickness or a lovesickness. It is a reaching-out toward expression; an effort to find fulfillment. A complete poem is one where an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.”—Robert Frost (via teenagelunatic)
1. First impression: Hey it’s that girl from tumblr! She seems crazy cool! She seems kind of reserved though and I feel kind of wobbly when interacting with her, but maybe a good kind of wobbly?
2. Truth is: You have kind of a thickened emotional exterior, but it’s never felt like a deterrent. You’re a really cool girl whom I get along with really well, and you give great hugs and are fun to be around with. but you’re bad at sending letters.
3. How old do you look: late teens
4. Have you ever made me laugh: Definitely! You send goofy texts when you’re drunk in the early AM.
5. Have you ever made me lasagna: No.
6. Best band named “Jawbreaker”: Jawbreaker.
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: guuuhhh
8. Kind of pie I’m most like: mulberry
9. How long would I survive a zombie apocalypse: You make your fiery escape from Nebraska when you blow up a local propane depot. The explosion engulfs the frenzied hoard that was in your pursuit. Everyone you’ve ever known is either dead, undead AND on fire, or are currently making mad dashes towards the countryside. Finally feeling liberated from the shackles of hometown livin, you head north into the frozen mountainsides of Canada.
You figure the cold climate and high altitude will slow down the relentless advances of the living dead. And you are right, for the most part. You adapt to your new home and grow into a kind of grizzled mountain woman. You spend your days cleaning the lowlands of zombie wanderers in defense of your borders, and the nights nestled in your warm hut, huddled against your companion, Maura from Mixtapes, making sweet post-apocalypse love. Congrats.
This is incredible. Incredible. You even found out my love’s name for me. Be here now. Plz.
“The TLC reality show All-American Muslim, which follows five families in Dearborn, Michigan, has a lot of points to make about the lives of average Muslim citizens in America, among them the lingering discrimination they face after 9/11… Last week, hardware big-box store Lowe’s pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim under pressure–and thereby proved the show’s point. Lowe’s pulled its ads following a protest campaign from the Florida Family Association, which objects to the show, in essence, because it portrays Muslims too positively. That is, it argues the show is “propaganda” because it portrays peaceful, ordinary Muslims without mentioning horrible things that other Muslims have done.”—